- Art & Culture
- Religious Tourism
Church of St. Anthony the Great
The Church dedicated to Saint Anthony the Great was built on a wide terrace and still preserves artworks of great interest.
The Church of Saint Anthony the Great was built in Piateda Alta, on a wide terrace at an elevation of about 700m. This church was first mentioned in a document written in 1385 and gained independence from the church of Tresivio in 1589.
The church interior is the most interesting part from an artistic point of view: the vault was entirely frescoed by Tagliaferri at the beginning of the 20th Century. There are five chapels - each with beautiful paintings and wooden statues dating back to the 16th-17th Century -, two confessionals in carved wood and seven choir bankbenches in walnut wood.
The church also houses two reliquiary busts in painted and gilded wood, a couple of angel candle holders in polychrome wood and two valuable crosses.
On the back side of the church was built the Oratory of St. John the Baptist, which used to be the seat of the Confraternity of the Blessed Sacrament.