Ski area Valmalenco
More than 60 km of slopes make up the ski area of Alpe Palù, which is the calling card of Valmalenco.
More than 60 km of slopes make up the ski area of Alpe Palù, the most distinctive feature of Valmalenco. Those wishing to visit Alpe Palù can do so by means of one of the biggest cable cars in the world, called the Snow Eagle, whose cars containing 160 people reach an altitude of 2080 metres in one great leap, onto a terrace overlooking Alpine
views of breathtaking beauty. Those who prefer a more gradual approach
can drive up the 5 km road which separate Chiesa from San Giuseppe, and
than take the new four-seater chair lift up through the beautiful firwoods to
What about the snow? No worries, the snow is at home in Valmalenco, floury and abundant from December to late April, but if it loses its way the modern artificial snow machines are programmed to make up for it. Those who wish to abandon their skis for a while can relax in the sun in comfortable deckchairs or taste the local delicacies of Valmalenco in the refuges along the slopes.
As an alternative, it is possible to take a walk, by feet or on snowshoes, in the magic setting of lake Palù: a fairy-tale landscape with snow-clad pines and firs around the frozen lake.
And bold snowboarders or freestyle skiers will always find a well-prepared snow park.
10 ski lifts that can carry up to 13,650 persone epr hour and reach the highest point at 2370mt (Bocchel del Torno)
- 1 cable car
- 6 chair lifts
- 2 tapis roulants
- inclined elevator
- 17 ski slopes: 3 black, 8 red, 6 blue
- 60 km of slopes in total: 25km beginner, 25km intermediate, 10km difficult
- Average gradient: Thoeni 55%, Nana 50%, Avanzi Motta 37%
- Slopes with artificial snow machines: 40km
- Skiable drop on a single slope: 900mt
37 km in total:
- Lago Palù: 7 km
- S. Giuseppe - Sabbionaccio: 4 km
- S. Giuseppe - Carotte: 6 km
- Senevedo: 8 km
- Chiareggio - Pian del Lupo: 12 km
- Lanzada - loc. Pradasc: 1,2 km (lit in the evening from 5:30 PM until 11:00 PM, natural and artificial snow).
Bars and restaurants in the SKI AREA
- I Campanacci - Restaurant, Self Service - Loc. Piazzale del Palù - 0342/452221
- San Giuseppe - Loc. San Giuseppe opposite to the chair lift - 0342/452000
- Baita Flinstones - Loc. Piazzale del Palù - 0342/452221
- Sasso Alto - Loc. Cima Motta
- Rifugio Motta - along the black slope from Motta to Palù - 0342/451406
- Penna bianca - Loc. Bragna - along the red slope linking Palù to Barchi
- Mountain room - at the starting point of the Motta chairlift
- Campo Base - close to the starting point of the Campolungo chairlift
- La Gusa - halfway of the Barchi red slope - 338/7296267
- Agriturismo Malga Rundai - Alpe Palù, close to the starting point of the Motta chairlift - 347/7545032
- Rifugio Barchi - along the Barchi blue slope - 0342/452080