- Active & Green
- Cycle Tourism
Chiesa in Valmalenco - Campo Moro
To: Campo Moro, Lanzada
CHANGE IN ALTITUDE
The ascent is entirely on tarmac and is characterized by a feasible, constant gradients to Campo Franscia. Pedal through the characteristic tunnels dug out of the rocks, some of which are long and dark and so we recommend to use lights on your bike. The next stretch sees the gradients increase, with various hairpins and short tunnels taking you to the car parks of the two mountain refuges at Campo Moro, close to the artificial lake of the same name. In the distance you will see the other big dam, Alpe Gera, standing out, which can be reached in order to admire its high mountain views with peaks and glaciers. From Campo Moro you can pick up route no. 41 by crossing the two dams, going below the second one and back up to Campolungo along rough tracks and trails.
(Text and technical data by Federico Pollini)
- Departure/return place: Chiesa in Valmalenco, 950 m a.s.l.
- Arrival place/maximum quota: Campo Moro, 1990 m a.s.l.
- Ascending sections total length: 16 km
- Descending sections total length: 16 km
- Plain sections total length : 0 km
- Average ascent grade: 6 %
- Maximum ascent grade: 11 %
Mostra cosa c'è nelle vicinanze: