- Art & Culture
- Religious Tourism
Church of Saint Martin
Built on a preexisting edifice dedicated to the same Saint, it dominates the town.
The church was built on a preexisting structure dedicated to Saint Martin.
The churchyards features a small obelisk topped by a wrought iron cross. 1717 is carved on its base.
The church, designed by the architect Gaspare Aprile from Ticino, is sober and linear, has one nave and two side chapels, a presbytery, a sacresty, and a bell tower on the left side.
The interiors were richly decorated by local artists, such as Antonio Caimi and Cesare Ligari; the remarkable main altar is the work of Bernardo Bianchi and Alessandro Casella from Ticino.
On the back side of the church there is the oratory of the Blessed Virgin. Next to the facade, there is a 18th century ossuary, with a three-arched portico and a triangular tympanum.