- Art & Culture
- Religious Tourism
St. Victor's church
A nice mule track leads to this massive building, located on a promontory overlooking the creek Livrio
The parish church of St Victor was built on the ruins of a Medieval church in 1617. It is located on a promontory overlooking the creek Livrio and can be reached either following a nice mule track or the road that leads to the graveyards.
The facade of the church features a portico that continues along the right side and leads to a lateral entrance and to the ancient parish house.
The impressive and bare exteriors are counterbalanced by the rich interiors, with stuccos, paintings and altars mainly dating back to the 17th and 18th century. The main portal is simple and its shutters (1619) are made of carved wood. The church has a single nave with four side chapels, among which the remarkable chapel dedicated to St. Anthony the Abbot was richly decorated by the plasterers from Ticino Alessandro Casella and Bernardo Bianchi.
The right wall of the nave houses the precious wooden altarpiece carved by unkown artists and painted by Vincenzo De Barberis in 1539.