- Art & Culture
- Religious Tourism
Church of Our Lady of Mount Carmel
The Church of Our Lady of Mount Carmel was in a panoramic position among the vineyards. Consecrated in 1651, this church is an example of the Marian devotion that was widespread in the Seventeenth century and promoted by the Catholic clergy - it's easy to understand why if we keep in mind that Valtellina was then on the boarder with the lands under Grison rule.
The original Seventeenth-century church was incorporated in the building that resulted from the expansion works aimed at improving its capacity. An elegant baroque facade and a three-aisled forepart were added.
Inside the building, a niche of the main altar housed a statue of Our Lady of Mount Carmel, to which many worshippers made a prayer.