- Religious Tourism
Church of St. Fidelis
A church surrounded by vineyards, offering visitors an amazing view of the valley floor.
The church of Saint Fidelis overlooks the valley from a hump sustained by impressive walls. The churchyard hosts three buildings from different ages, renovated and linked to one another: a Chapel (16th Century), an Oratory (17th Century) and the Oratory dedicated to Jesus Christ the Saviour (18th Century).
The chapel houses a huge fresco by Fermo Stella (1528) depicting an Enthroned Madonna with Child and Saints.
The church of Saint Fidelis is doubtless the most significant building of this complex: the facade features an unusual pronaos that shields a small staircase. Other remarkable features are the Romanesque bell tower, renovated according to the Baroque taste and the architrave (17th Century) of the main portal - on which is carved the coat of arms of the eminent Nobili family - with some interesting bas reliefs.
The church houses some valuable artworks from the 18th Century, such as the wooden bankbenches of the choir inside the presbytery, or the huge paintings in the side chapels.